Version 2.1, ©2018,2019,2020 Energy Simulation Solutions Ltd
[This manual is under construction]
jEPlus+EA v2.x (the software) is provided by Dr Yi Zhang free of charge for non-commercial use. It is provided on the basis of “as is”. Any express or implied warranties, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose are disclaimed. In no event shall Dr Yi Zhang or his employer be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, or consequential damages, (including, but not limited to, procurement of substitute goods or services; loss of use, data, or profits; or business interruption) however caused and on any theory of liability, whether in contract, strict liability, or tort (including negligence or otherwise) arising in any way out of the use of this software.
jEPlus+EA v2 is an all-new incarnation of the jEPlus extension for parametric analysis and optimisation. It relies on the JEA online optimisation engine as part of the ENSIMS Web Services Platform to perform full-factorial, Monte Carlo, global sensitivity, and constrained multi-objective optimisation on existing jEPlus projects.
jEPlus+EA v2 integrates jEPlus and the JESS client and offers enhanced data visualisation functions through its scatter plot. More data analytics and visualisation tools are also available on the JEA Web Portal.
Some of the key features in jEPlus+EA v2.x include:
The jEPlus+EA v2.x program is distributed as a zip archive containing the main Java JAR binary, supporting files and example projects. You can download the distribution package from here:
To run jEPlus+EA v2, you need:
1. What is Optimisation – A quick overview of what “optimisation” is about, the typical optimisation problems in building design, widely used multi-objective algorithms, and some available tools.
2. Key Features – A more detailed list of features that jEPlus+EA v2 offers, including screenshots and how they can be useful to aid design exploration.
3. Quick start guide – A step-by-step guide to starting a project for sensitivity analysis and optimisation. A prepared jEPlus project with a shoebox model and multiple weather files is used to demo the process.
4. Users Manual – Users manual on how to use the GUI of jEPlus+EA v2. This chapter provides more details on how the GUI is organised and where the “useful buttons” are. [under construction]
6. Tips and Examples – A few more examples of different parametric analysis and optimisation tasks are used to give tips and recipes for solving problems. [to be populated]
I hope you enjoy using jEPlus+EA v2. Should you have any questions relating to the use of the software and the JEA Web service, please post them on Unmet Hours with the tag #jeplus or #optimization. You are also welcome to contact me directly by email on email@example.com
If your study/research has benefited from using jEPlus+EA v2, please note it in your publications and cite the following reference:
Zhang Y, Jankovic L, 2017, “JEA, An Interactive Optimisation Engine for Building Energy Performance Simulation”, IBPSA Building Simulation 2017, August 7-9, San Francisco, USA PDF